What authentication is Two-Factor Authentication?

We take security seriously at Justworks. To help make sure your account full of personal information is protected, you can enable Two-Factor Authentication for your account. Two-Factor Authentication is a process that uses two different components to determine an authenticated user. Similar to how an ATM requires a debit card and pin number, you can use your username and password as well as an authentication code to access your Justworks account.

How do I enable Two-Factor Authentication?

You can enable Two-Factor Authentication directly from your profile. On the bottom left, you'll see a section labeled Security. Here, you can change your password and enable Two-Factor Authentication (displayed as Two-Factor Auth). By default, Two-Factor Auth is turned off.


By clicking "Turn On", you'll be taken to a screen to enter your mobile number and send a code to your phone. Please note, standard texting rates will apply. Once you receive the code, you'll need to enter it on the screen and click "Verify Code".

You'll also be given the option to set up app authentication (which we strongly encourage) for an extra measure of security. To proceed, download one of the suggested apps and scan the barcode with your mobile phone. Once you do so, a code will be generated and you'll need to enter the verification code. Once you enable Two-Factor Auth, this will be your default instead of your mobile device.

Alternatively, you can skip the app and just use the standard text authentication.

Is texting the only way to use Two-Factor Authentication?

Justworks defaults to texting for Two-Factor Auth, but we also support (and encourage) using 3rd-party apps, but you can choose and update your primary delivery method at any time. However, app authentication is only available once SMS set up has been completed.


This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.

seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found