How will our company be billed?
Justworks has two billing structure for Justworks monthly fees: monthly or annually.
Annual billing for Justworks means that companies elect to buy a number of seats at a designated, per month, price point based on the size of your company. As the year progresses, you draw down from the number of seats purchased. If a company chooses annual billing, they will be billed their full amount once their account becomes active.
- Company A has 5 employees when they sign up for Justworks, so they pay annually at a rate of $69/month. They will be billed at the beginning of their contract based on the monthly rate and number of seats.
- 60 total seats (5 employees × 12 months)
- $4,140.00 total annual rate (60 seats × $69)
- As the year progresses, Company A uses up the seats they purchased for each month. This means that if in January, Company A has 5 employees, then by February they will have 60 - 5 = 55 seats left.
- If company A grows quicker than anticipated and runs out of their annually allotted seats before December 31st, then Justworks will reach out to renew the annual membership.
- A company can also decide to move to monthly billing at that time, but it will be at a slightly higher price point per month. (See here for pricing.)
If a company is on our monthly billing plan, every month they will be charged the monthly fee for every active full-time and part-time employee, as well as owner, that they have on the platform. The monthly fee gets charged during the second payroll of the month and is listed as a line item in their invoice.
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.