Can Justworks process payments to an employee on a Visa or Green Card?

Justworks can process payments to employees with most work visas. A Green Card (Form I-551) is a permanent resident visa. An employee with a Green Card is taxed exactly like a regular US citizen and can be paid through Justworks.

Are Visa holders exempt from FICA and FUTA?

In general, resident aliens have the same employment tax obligations as U.S. citizens. Nonresident aliens, such as those with J-1 or F-1 visas, may be exempt from FICA and FUTA, provided that the work is allowed pursuant to the visa and the services are carried out for the purpose the visa was issued. These are merely guidelines and Justworks is unable to provide tax or legal advice. If you need help determining whether an exemption applies to a particular employee, consult with a tax or legal advisor.

If you have an employee who is exempt from FICA and FUTA taxes, then please email your Account Manager or indicating the type of visa the employee has and confirming that the employee is exempt from FICA and FUTA taxes.


This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.
seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found