Pennsylvania is what's referred to as a client-reporting state for unemployment insurance. Justworks needs this information to report unemployment taxes under customers' unemployment account numbers.
Here’s what we need:

  1. Your Pennsylvania Unemployment Account number. 
  2. Your current Unemployment Tax Rate for Pennsylvania.
  3. Third Party Administrator (TPA) access after your previous provider has filed for the quarter.

Unsure of where to find the above? Please see the sections below with instructions for each requirement.

Obtaining a PA Unemployment Account Number

Please follow the steps outlined below to obtain a Pennsylvania Unemployment Account Number:

  1. Head to Revenue e-Services Center - Online PA100 and apply for the PA-100.
  2. After you've completed this application, you'll receive an unemployment account number within a few weeks, which you’ll need to send to Justworks.
  3. If the PA-100 registration assigns you a withholding account number, please close that account as Justworks will be filing your withholding under Justworks’ EIN.

Granting Third Party Administrator (TPA) access 

To grant Justworks Third Party Administrator (TPA) access to your Pennsylvania Unemployment Account, please follow the steps below:

  1. Head to Unemployment Compensation Management System
  2. Click “Employer Profile” in the left sidebar, then Manage Representatives.
  3. Click on "New User?" under Keystone ID for Business Owners and create an employer account.
  4. Click the box next to "I do not have a UC account number." (You will be prompted to create an account after you login if you don't have a UC number.)
  5. Click the “Add New Representative” link.
  6. Go to “New” at the bottom
  7. Enter Justworks' TPA account number = 6357993802
  8. Grant Justworks access to all presented options, except for Group Accounts.
  9. Click “Submit”.

Closing your withholding account:

To close your Pennsylvania withholding Account:

  1. Download and complete a REV-1706 Business/Account Cancellation Form.
  2. Fill out top line and complete Section II only.
  3. In the section labeled “Reason for cancellation,” enter: "Reporting and paying under another account ID number": 95430498
  4. Add the date on which your company joined Justworks
  5. Sign at the bottom and fax or e-mail to:
    • Fax: 717-787-3708

Mid-Quarter Transitions

If your company joined Justworks mid-quarter, Justworks will file for PA Unemployment for the whole quarter, as there cannot be duplicate filing under one Unemployment Account. In this scenario, you’ll need to send Justworks your quarter-to-date payroll reports. Please request all funds back from your previous payroll provider for Pennsylvania State Unemployment. Because Justworks will file for the entire quarter, we will bill your company for the amount that has already been withheld.


This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.
seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found