What are AI chatbots?
They are computer programs that are trained to understand and communicate with human language to answer user questions and generate automatic responses in the form of a conversation.
Why should I care?
AI chatbots technology has been rapidly integrated into business and personal lives to raise productivity. The extraordinary thing about AI chatbots is that anyone can use them. With the benefits, there are security and privacy risks that must be considered.
Here are some essential security tips from KnowBe4, a leading security awareness training provider:
- Only use Organization-Approved chatbots: Before using an AI chatbot, verify it has been approved by your organization.
- Be Mindful of Privacy and Intellectual Property Risks: Never share organizational, personal, or sensitive information when using AI chatbots.
- Verify Accuracy of Information: Research the information using other trusted sources, the data ChatGPT uses is not up-to-date, and information provided by chatbot could be misinformation or disinformation.
- Stay Vigilant to Phishing Attempts and Malware: These are messages or requests from chatbots that try to trick you into providing sensitive data or opening a suspicious link; and bad actors might use chatbots to spread malware or other malicious code.
- Keep Updated on Emerging Security Threats: keep your operating system, browser, and any relevant software up-to-date with the latest security patches to minimize vulnerabilities
- Don’t Trust AI Generated Software Code Blindly: code samples provided by chatbots may not follow secure coding practices.
Remember that while these tips can help enhance your controls, no system is completely immune to risks. It is essential to exercise caution and use your judgment when interacting with AI chatbots or any online services.
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.