People Analytics - Filters (Beta)
Apply filters to view data for a specific analysis population.
Filtering is essential to conducting ad hoc analysis and allows you to view a smaller part of your data set. When applying a filter, you choose one or more attribute values to include or exclude from your view. For example, if you want to analyze data for employees located in North America, you would only select the North America value from the Location Hierarchy attribute to include in your view. You'll notice that we've grouped attributes by category so they're easier to find when filtering. For example, the Location Hierarchy attribute is found under the Organization category.
When selecting the filter icon, you'll be presented with a menu that contains a search box and a list of recent metrics or attributes.
Only previously selected user-created key groups and groups by attributes will appear in the list of recently used filters.
If you want to see the entire list of metrics or attributes that are available to you, click “See all filters” at the bottom of the picker.
This will open the pickers in full screen, as shown in the following screenshot.
In this view, you can use the following panes to browse and select attributes:
- Categories: A list of the attribute categories. Select a category to see the included attributes in the Selection pane which is located on the right side of the picker.
- Selection (Key Groups): A list of the attributes in a category and where you choose an attribute. After you select an attribute, you'll be prompted to select the attributes you want to include or exclude.
Add a filter
- On the Analysis Context toolbar, click the filter icon.
- Click “See all filters” to open the Filter picker in full screen.
Tip: You can also search for the attribute and attribute values you want to filter by without opening the Filter picker in full screen.
- In the Filter picker, define the filter criteria by doing the following:
- In the Categories pane, select a category to see the attributes in the Selection pane, which is located on the right side of the picker. For example, Employment Information.
- In the Selection pane, select the attribute you want to filter on. For example, Department
- Select the attribute values you want to include or exclude. For example, Remote.
Note: Using the Filter picker in full-screen
- Attribute values can be arranged into levels, so you may have to drill through multiple levels to find the value you want to include or exclude.
- Switch between the include and exclude option by clicking the Include/Exclude arrow.
4. When finished, click Apply to update the data in the chart.
Applied filters will appear as tokens on the right side of the Time picker.
To edit the filter, hover over the filter token. Depending on the filter, a tooltip displaying the drill path may appear when you click the token. Click on the filter to open the Filter picker and change the selected attribute values.
To remove the filter, click the Remove button on the token.
5. To add more filters, repeat steps 1 to 4.
The date range can be edited by clicking on the current selected time from the Analysis Context toolbar.
A window will appear with different units of time. Click on a specific Day, Week, Month, Quarter, or Year to see information about that time. To see a range of time, drag across the timeline.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost of People Analytics?
People Analytics is available to all Justworks customers (Basic and Plus plans) at no additional cost.
Who is eligible (and not eligible) to use People Analytics?
All Justworks PEO customers (Basic and Plus plans). Justworks Payroll customers do not have access to this feature.
What kind of data is available in People Analytics?
The workforce data you will be able to view includes HR data related to your employees, financial data, and benefits data.
How can I use this data?
Data found in People Analytics can be used by company leaders and key decision-makers to more easily identify patterns, trends, and correlations that can provide valuable insight into financial metrics and performance, benefits usage, employee turnover, PTO, and more. This can help guide decision-making and strategy development.
How did Justworks build this People Analytics tool?
Justworks is proud to work with our enablement partner - Visier, the recognized industry leader in HR data analytics and workforce trends - on a People Analytics tool customized for the needs of your business. This solution brings together Visier’s expertise in processing and visualizing data with Justworks' expertise in designing simple, secure solutions for small businesses.
How is my workforce data handled by Justworks and Visier?
At Justworks, trust, safety, and security are core values and we are committed to protecting your data. We chose to partner with Visier because of their alignment with these values. Visier has industry-leading privacy and security protocols in place to ensure they continually adhere to the highest standards of practice. Read more about Visier's Privacy Commitment here.
Does People Analytics work on all browsers?
People Analytics will only work in Google Chrome at this time. Safari or other browsers will not work.