Security is a top priority for Justworks. There are many things we do to keep your data safe, from the ways we architect our systems to the ways we operate day to day:
- We follow industry standard best practices, like employing firewalls, SSL and bank-level encryption.
- We store our data in a private cluster that is accessible only via two-factor authentication.
- We pay close attention to security updates to software libraries we use and aggressively apply patches.
- We segregate and tokenize sensitive data like social security numbers.
- We have 3rd party security advisors review our practices.
We know we are trusted with very sensitive information, and we take that responsibility very seriously. We have strict and clear security policies and regularly keep our team up-to-date on best practices.
Please be mindful of phishing schemes that are more common at this time of year. As your PEO, we’ll be collecting a lot of information from you for the purpose of payroll and tax filing.
- Set a strong, unique password for your account (that you don't use for anything else) and don’t share your password with others. Hint: Justworks will never ask for this information from you.
- Enable 2-factor authentication, and encourage your employees to do the same.
- Be mindful of phishing schemes that are more common at this time of year. You can hover over hyperlinks in emails to check that the URL is related to the company that appears to be writing you.
- Be careful about what you share via email. Hint: Justworks will never ask you to send Social Security Numbers or other sensitive information over email.
If you have further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be happy to answer.
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.