Connecticut is what's referred to as a client-reporting state for unemployment insurance. Justworks needs your company’s information to report unemployment taxes under your unemployment account.
Here's what we need:
- Your Connecticut Unemployment Account number.
- Your current Unemployment Tax Rate for Connecticut.
Unsure of where to find the above? Please see the sections below with instructions for each requirement.
Obtaining a CT State Unemployment Account Number
Please follow the steps outlined below to obtain a Connecticut Unemployment Account Number:
- Head to Connecticut Employer Registration and register your business with the Connecticut Department of Labor.
- After you've completed this application, you'll receive an unemployment account number, which you’ll need to send to Justworks.
Closing your withholding account:
To close your Connecticut Withholding Account:
- Let your current payroll provider know to indicate last filing on the quarterly return for Connecticut (CT-941) for the last quarter they’re filing for you.
Check “If you no longer have employees in Connecticut check the box and enter the date of the last payroll.” The date listed should be the last pay date before you switched to Justworks.
If you’re having trouble completing the online account setup process, please contact the state’s customer service line for assistance.
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.