Here is what you need to do to manage your Ubiquity 401(k) account with Justworks after July 31, 2017.
You’ll have to do three things after July 31:
- Make sure your employee list and employees’ information is up to date in Ubiquity.
- Update your employees’ contribution changes manually in Justworks whenever they make those changes (to make sure your employees’ selections are in place when payroll runs).
- Update Ubiquity with your census and payroll information when you run payroll (so Ubiquity knows how much in funds to draw from your account and where to put them).
More details about each step follow.
- Make sure your employees’ information is up to date in Ubiquity:
There is a section in the Ubiquity website that is labeled “Census - Manage Employees.”
There, you can add new employees, terminate employees, or rehire them. When you add new employees to Justworks, make sure they are also added in the Ubiquity site.
- Update your employees’ contribution changes manually in Justworks:
Keep your eye out for emails from Ubiquity with the subject “Deferral amount for (Employee Name) has been updated.”
When you see those emails, you’ll need to set up or change that employee’s manual deductions. Instructions on setting these up are here: https://justworks.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2338126-deductions
- Update Ubiquity with your census and payroll information every time you run payroll:
After you run payroll, you can upload upload our retirement report, which has a template specifically for Ubiquity, to Ubiquity’s website.
For more information on our retirement report and how to use it, read here: https://justworks.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2804886-retirement-report
If you have fewer than 75 employees or former employees, you also have the option of logging in and entering all your employees’ information manually.
If you have any trouble, or questions, please contact Ubiquity or your Account Manager and we’ll be happy to assist.