Nebraska is what's referred to as a client-reporting state for unemployment insurance. Justworks needs your company’s information to report unemployment taxes under your unemployment account.
In order to report, Justworks needs your Nebraska Unemployment Account Number, your current Unemployment Tax Rate and third party accountant access.
How do we close our withholding account?
Complete Form 22: Nebraska Change Request form:
- Fill out Sections 1-3 (with withholding tax # and FEIN)
- Fill out name, location, and mailing addresses
- Under section 5: check the "Income Tax Withholding" box
- Check box 6: "Cancellation", effective date is the date before joining Justworks
- Enter the location of records (client's location, not Justworks' location)
- Sign/date at the bottom
- Fax or mail directly to the state
Please note: Employers who cancel their income tax withholding account within 30 days after discontinuing business must file a final Nebraska Reconciliation of Income Tax Withheld, Form W-3N, and attach the state copy of each Federal Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, that was issued to each employee.
We joined Justworks in the middle of a quarter, what do we do?
Justworks will file for NE Unemployment for the whole quarter, as there cannot be duplicate filing under one Unemployment Account. Please send us your QTD payroll reports and request all funds back from your current provider for Nebraska State Unemployment. Since we will file for the entire quarter, we will bill you for the amount that has already been withheld, and we don’t want you to pay twice!