Nebraska is what's referred to as a client-reporting state for unemployment insurance. Justworks needs your company’s information to report unemployment taxes under your unemployment account.
In order to report, Justworks needs your Nebraska Unemployment Account Number, your current Unemployment Tax Rate and third party accountant access.
Please provide Justworks with:
- Your Nebraska Unemployment Account Number
- If you don't yet have an account yet, you can register for one here.
- Your Nebraska Unemployment tax rate
How do we close our withholding account?
Complete Form 22: Nebraska Change Request form:
- Fill out Sections 1-3 (with withholding tax # and FEIN)
- Fill out name, location, and mailing addresses
- Under section 5: check the "Income Tax Withholding" box
- Check box 6: "Cancellation", effective date is the date before joining Justworks
- Enter the location of records (client's location, not Justworks' location)
- Sign/date at the bottom
- Fax or mail directly to the state
Please note: Employers who cancel their income tax withholding account within 30 days after discontinuing business must file a final Nebraska Reconciliation of Income Tax Withheld, Form W-3N, and attach the state copy of each Federal Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, that was issued to each employee.
If you’re having trouble completing the online account setup process, please contact the state’s customer service line for assistance.