Vermont is what's referred to as a client-reporting state for unemployment insurance. Justworks needs your company’s information to report unemployment taxes under your unemployment account.
In order to report, Justworks needs your Unemployment Account Number and your current Unemployment Tax Rate. Justworks will also need Third Party Administrative access to your account.
To grant Justworks access, please complete the C-50 Limited Power of Attorney form and follow these steps:
- Fill out your Taxpayer's Legal Business Name, Trade Name(s), and "Justworks Employment Group LLC" as your appointee.
- Fill out the Quarter and the Year.
- Check All Boxes (3 in total)
- Fill out client address (your mailing address).
- Review and Sign
- The form requires witness signature and notarization in addition to the primary signature. *The witness and notary must be different*.
- Send back to Justworks once completed.
If you’re having trouble completing the online account setup process, please contact the state’s customer service line for assistance.
We don't have an Unemployment Account Number, what do we do?
If you do not have an Unemployment Account Number, you can find out if you are liable and register with the Vermont Department of Labor online to obtain an Employer Account number. It can take up to two weeks to receive the actual Unemployment Account Number.
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.