Kentucky is what's referred to as a client-reporting state for unemployment insurance. Justworks needs your company’s information to report unemployment taxes under your unemployment account.
In order to report, please send Justworks your Kentucky Unemployment Account number, your Unemployment Tax Rate in Kentucky, and grant Justworks Power of Attorney.
Please reach out to Justworks for the appropriate pre-filled Power of Attorney form to complete.
Justworks requires this info in the following scenarios:
- Your company is coming from a PEO
- You're a new company or have a new hire in Kentucky
- You're coming from a different payroll provider
We don't have a Kentucky Unemployment Account number, what do we do?
If you don't yet have an account yet, you can create one here.
Closing your withholding account
To close your withholding account, please complete this form and follow these steps:
- Section A:
- Part 1 - Fill in your KY Employer Withholding Account Number
- Part 2 - Your effective date is the day before your Justworks start date
- Check "Request cancellation of an account"
- Section B:
- Fill out with your company information
- Section G:
- Check to close "Employer Withholding Tax"
- The reason for cancellation is "Ceased having employees"
- Effective date is the day before your Justworks start date
- Make sure to sign at the bottom!
If you’re having trouble completing the online account setup process, please contact the state’s customer service line for assistance.
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.