Kentucky is what's referred to as a client-reporting state for unemployment insurance. Justworks needs your company’s information to report unemployment taxes under your unemployment account.
In order to report, please send Justworks your Kentucky Unemployment Account number, your Unemployment Tax Rate in Kentucky, and grant Justworks Power of Attorney (you can do so by completing this form).
Justworks requires this info in the following scenarios:
- Your company is coming from a PEO (leave out the Withholding Account Part)
- You're a new company or have a new hire in Kentucky (leave out the Withholding Account Part)
- You're coming from a different payroll provider
We don't have a Kentucky Unemployment Account number, what do we do?
If you don't yet have an account yet, you can create one here.
We joined Justworks in the middle of a quarter, what do we do?
f you transitioned to Justworks in the middle of a quarter, Justworks will file for KY Unemployment for the whole quarter, as there cannot be duplicate filing under one Unemployment Account. Please send Justworks your QTD payroll reports and request all funds back from your current provider for Kentucky State Unemployment. Since we will file for the entire quarter, we will bill you for the amount that has already been withheld, and we don’t want you to pay twice!
Closing your withholding account
To close your withholding account, please complete this form and follow these steps:
- Section A:
- Part 1 - Fill in your KY Employer Withholding Account Number
- Part 2 - Your effective date is the day before your Justworks start date
- Check "Request cancellation of an account"
- Section B:
- Fill out with your company information
- Section G:
- Check to close "Employer Withholding Tax"
- The reason for cancellation is "Ceased having employees"
- Effective date is the day before your Justworks start date
- Make sure to sign at the bottom!