Louisiana is what's referred to as a client-reporting state for unemployment insurance. Justworks needs your company’s information to report unemployment taxes under your unemployment account. In order to report, Justworks needs your Unemployment Account number, Unemployment Tax Rate, and Third Party Access to your account. Since Louisiana requires creating an account with Justworks specifically, all companies with employees in Louisiana need to undergo this process, regardless of whether or not you've had your own LA SUI account prior to joining. Justworks will also require companies to assign TPA after the account has been opened.
Please let Justworks know the following information
- Name of previous PEO Provider (if applicable), date of contract and FEIN.
- Please confirm if your company already has an existing account with LA.
- If so, please provide the Account Number and date of creation.
- If your company is a 501C3 Non-Profit, please provide an IRS Exemption Letter.
- If you are a non-profit, please choose whether your company would prefer to pay the SUI tax or reimburse the employee if an unemployment claim is filed.
- Yes/No: Does your company have workers for your business or in your home who you consider to be self-employed or independent contractors?
- Date when corporation or partnership was formed.
- State where corporation or partnership was formed.
- Yes/No: Is your company subject to the Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA) in a state other than Louisiana? (If so, please list the date and state that occurred).
Granting Justworks Third Party Access
After the account has been opened, log in to https://laors2.laworks.net/employerportal/anonymoususerscreens/
- Click on Tax Services in the left menu bar
- Under Employer Services, click Agent Maintenance
- Verify your contact email address
- If you need to update it, please click the Update User Login button before proceeding
- Enter 51148874 as the Agent Access Code
- Give Justworks access to all the options that are presented
If you’re having trouble completing the online account setup process, please contact the state’s customer service line for assistance.
Closing your Withholding Account
You will need to close out your company's withholding account upon joining Justworks. You can do so by filling out the Louisiana Department of Revenue's Request to Close Business Tax Accounts form, and sending the completed form to the address listed at the top.
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.