Tennessee is a hybrid state wherein all customers are subject to the Justworks' tax rate, but have individual account numbers associated with Justworks. Here are the steps to open an account.
- Complete LB-0910, Application for Client Number. The PEO name is Justworks Employment Group LLC
- Fill out the entire form as it is applicable for your business
- For #6, all responses should reflect what is true for the employer while on the Justworks platform, and not before, even if you already have TN employees
In effect, the questions should read:
- A. Number of workers your client has employed (will employ) in TN on Justworks
- B. Date your client first employed (will employ) a worker in TN on Justworks → If you are new to TN, answer normally. If you already have TN employees upon joining Justworks, enter the day of your effective date with Justworks -- do not enter the earliest hire date of your existing employee(s)
- C.Date your client first paid (will pay) a worker in Tennessee on Justworks → Similar to B. If you are new to TN, answer normally. If you already have TN employees upon joining Justworks, enter the day of your effective date with Justworks
- Sign at the bottom of Page 1
- Once completed, please return to Justworks, and we'll input the Justworks-specific information, such as our Account Number.
If your company already has a Tennessee SUI account:
- Please fill out the Form-0792 in addition to the LB-0910
- Fill out the very top
- Select "close or inactivate" section
- The close date should be one day prior to your Justworks premier date (example: Company started with Justworks 1/1/19, closing date should be 12/31/18)
- You can note that you have another account under the Justworks PEO
If you’re having trouble completing the online account setup process, please contact the state’s customer service line for assistance.
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.