Tennessee is a hybrid state wherein all customers are subject to the Justworks' tax rate, but have individual account numbers associated with Justworks. There is no online registration required- instead, filling out form LB-0910 will act as the registration. Here are the steps to follow:
- Complete form LB-0910, Application for Client Number. A member of our unemployment insurance team will reach out to you with this form, pre-filled with Justworks information. Please reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions.
- Fill out the entire form as it is applicable for your business.
- For #1B, if your company does not have a separate trade name (DBA), leave this blank.
- For #2, if your company does not have a physical office in the state, the Client's Physical Business address should reflect the home/work address of a remote employee.
- For #6, all responses should reflect what is true for the employer while on the Justworks platform, and not before, even if you already have TN employees
In effect, the questions should read:
- 6A. Number of workers your client has employed (will employ) in TN on Justworks
- 6B. Date your client first employed (will employ) a worker in TN on Justworks → If you are new to TN, answer normally. If you already have TN employees upon joining Justworks, enter the day of your effective date with Justworks -- do not enter the earliest hire date of your existing employee(s)
- 6C. Date your client first paid (will pay) a worker in Tennessee on Justworks → Similar to B. If you are new to TN, answer normally. If you already have TN employees upon joining Justworks, enter the day of your effective date with Justworks
- 6D. Multiple states can be listed here, but should only include those that are client-reporting. If you have questions on which states to include, please reference this article.
- 6E. The control number can also be listed as a file number, depending on the state in which you are incorporated. The control number does need to be included for the application to be complete.
- For #7- #10, please be sure to provide answers to each question listed.
- Sign at the bottom of Page 1
- Assuming you complete the document through DocuSign, once submitted we will receive it and your part will be complete. If you would like to download and fill out another way, please return to Justworks by uploading the document to your Document Center in our platform, within the Contracts folder. Please let us know once the form is uploaded so that we can retrieve it. Here is a resource on how to navigate the document center.
If your company already has a Tennessee SUI account:
- Please close your existing account by filling out the Form-0792 in addition to the LB-0910
- Fill out the very top
- Select "close or inactivate" section
- The close date should be one day prior to your Justworks premier date (example: Company started with Justworks 1/1/19, closing date should be 12/31/18)
- You can note that you have another account under the Justworks PEO
- Once completed, please return to Justworks by uploading the document to your Document Center in our platform, within the Contracts folder. Please let us know once these forms are uploaded so that we can retrieve them. Here is a resource on how to navigate the document center.
If you’re having trouble completing the online account setup process, please contact the state’s customer service line for assistance.
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.