Tennessee is a hybrid state wherein all customers are subject to the Justworks' tax rate, but have individual account numbers associated with Justworks. Here are the steps to open an account.
Please note, all customers need to complete the application below, regardless of whether or not they had their own TN SUI account before.
- Complete form LB-0910, Application for Client Number. The PEO name is Justworks Employment Group LLC and account number is 0796-078 0.
- Fill out the entire form as it is applicable for your business.
- For #6, all responses should reflect what is true for your company while on the Justworks platform, and not before, even if you already have TN employees.
In effect, the questions should read:
- Number of workers your client has employed (will employ) in TN on Justworks
- Date your client first employed (will employ) a worker in TN on Justworks → If you are new to TN, answer normally. If you already have TN employees upon joining Justworks, enter your effective date with Justworks -- do not enter the earliest hire date of your existing employee(s).
- Date your client first paid (will pay) a worker in Tennessee on Justworks → Similar to B. If you are new to TN, answer normally. If you already have TN employees upon joining Justworks, enter their first pay date on Justworks.
- Once completed, please return to Justworks.