Maine is what's referred to as a hybrid state for unemployment insurance. Customers with employees in Maine are required to fill out an Employer’s Status Report form in order to inform the Maine Department of Labor that a relationship with Justworks exists. This form requires client signature.
Justworks is required to file Unemployment under our Unemployment Account. Companies will be subject to Justworks’ state unemployment rates. Previous state Unemployment Accounts should be suspended or closed.
Closing your withholding account
- Complete out this form and send it back to the address at the top.
- Fill out Step 1 with your company information,
- Fill out Step 3 to close your Withholding account only
- Select Other (Coming onto a PEO)
- Put your start date with Justworks.
- Sign in Step 4.
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.