Oklahoma is what's referred to as a PEO-reporting state for unemployment insurance. Justworks will report unemployment taxes under the Justworks unemployment account number. Customers will be subject to the Justworks state unemployment rate. Please suspend or close your previous unemployment account.
Closing OK Unemployment and Withholding Accounts:
Please follow the steps outlined below to close your OK Unemployment account:
- Fill out the Employer’s Report on Termination of Business in Whole or Part following the instructions below:
- Enter your company information, including account number.
- The “Date of Termination” should be the day before your Justworks start date.
- Make sure to select “In Whole”.
- Leave questions 5 and 6 blank.
- Select “Yes” for “Are you using the services of an Employee Leasing Company.” Please include the following information about Justworks:
- Justworks Employment Group LLC
- 130 7th Avenue #249, New York, NY 10011
Please follow the steps outlined below to close your OK Withholding account:
- Login to Taxpayer Access Point.
- Under “Accounts” click on Withholding Account.
- Under “I Want to” select Close My Account.
- The requested closure date should be the date before your Justworks start date.
- The closure reason should be “Joined PEO – Justworks Employment Group”.
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.