At Justworks, we believe everyone should get the health and wellness support they need, without having to go the extra mile. That’s why we’re excited to be partnering with ConnectYourCare—one of the nation’s largest benefit savings providers—to offer health savings accounts (HSAs) and flexible spending accounts (FSAs).
- A more seamless experience. Spend with one card and track with one app. With ConnectYourCare, your employees will be able to easily use the FSA or HSA funds with one card linked directly to their account. In addition, they’ll be able to track their balance through the app.
- A customer first approach. ConnectYourCare measures the success of their experience through how well customers feel they have been treated. They leverage metrics like call response time and their ability to resolve customer issues as a baseline for their success.
All FSAs (healthcare and dependent care) and HSAs will be administered through ConnectYourCare, effective January 1, 2021. The impacts of this transition from BenefitWallet to ConnectYourCare vary depending on the benefits employees are currently enrolled in and benefits employees are planning to renew or newly enroll into. Employees should review the benefits information relevant to their situation below.
Flexible Spending Accounts: healthcare and dependent care (FSA)
- FSAs operate on a calendar year, which means switching our provider has no impact on an employee’s FSAs from the 2020 plan year.
- Any employee with an FSA for the 2020 plan year that is administered through BenefitWallet will continue submitting any claims from the 2020 plan year to BenefitWallet until the IRS deadline (March 31, 2021).
- All employee enrollments for FSAs with an effective date of January 1, 2021 or later will be administered through ConnectYourCare.
Health Savings Accounts (HSA):
- HSAs do not operate on a calendar year and existing funds roll over into the next calendar year. Therefore, employees will have the opportunity to transfer their HSA funds from BenefitWallet to ConnectYourCare as part of this provider transition.
- Starting December 1, within their Justworks account, employees with open BenefitWallet HSAs will be given the opportunity to consent (or decline) the transfer of their HSA funds to ConnectYourCare. Employees will see this option after logging into Justworks.
- Starting December 1, employees that are currently not enrolled in an HSA will have the opportunity to enroll in a ConnectYourCare HSA effective January 1, 2021.
- Any employee enrollments for HSAs with an effective date of January 1, 2021 or later will be administered through ConnectYourCare.
Have an HSA with BenefitWallet and want to learn more about the funds transfer process and timeline? You can learn more on this page.