If you are a customer who is on a small group medical policy you may experience medical renewals on a different schedule than you would with plans through Justworks. If you are offering Justworks dental and vision, your new plan year will always begin on 11/1. Because of this you will typically go through two renewal periods. One for your small group medical and one for your Justworks dental and vision.
How will I renew dental and vision with Justworks?
Justworks dental and vision renewal will be done in-app. We will send you information and reminders a few months in advance so you are prepared. You can learn more about Health Insurance Renewals (including dental and vision) here.
How will I renew small group medical outside of Justworks?
Your medical renewal will happen outside of the Justworks platform and will be facilitated by your broker. Your renewal will typically follow the below schedule:
- Pre-renewal call: Your broker will solicit customer feedback on current carriers and plans and then assess whether you will want to change carriers at renewals.
- Broker receives rates: Your broker will receive customer renewal rates and put together a comparison presentation with alternative plan and carrier options if relevant.
- Presentation: Typically your broker will then present these options to your company.
- Benefits Selections: You will choose your plans and they will then enter your selections into their benefits admin tool.
- Employee enrollment: Your employees will select plans with the broker’s benefits admin tool.
Each broker will have a slightly different process.
You may reach out to our customer success team with any questions you may have about your Dental and Vision renewals.
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.