How soon can I start riding?
Once you complete your Citi Bike enrollment, you can start riding immediately. Just unlock a bike with an access code provided in one of two ways:
1. Download the Citi Bike mobile app and create an account. When you’re ready to ride, go to a station and pick out your bike, then tap the station marker on the mobile app. Select "unlock a bike" and type the 5-digit code into the keypad on the dock.
2. Go to any Citi Bike kiosk and insert the credit card associated with your account to get a one-time-use ride code (don’t worry, you won’t be charged again). Once you get your ride code, type it into the keypad on a dock with an available bike to unlock and ride.
To provide you with even faster access to bikes, you’ll receive a key in the mail in about two weeks. Just activate it online, visit any Citi Bike station, and insert it into the slot on a dock to unlock. Then, all there’s left to do is ride! Please note, as soon as you activate your membership key, the ability to rent via mobile app access code will be disabled.
What if I have an existing Citi Bike membership?
If you signed up for a membership within the past 14 days, Citi Bike will reimburse you to match your company’s subsidy level. All you need to do is contact their customer service office through their support email.
Can I share Citi Bike with my family and friends?
This Citi Bike membership discount cannot be shared and is not transferable.
Are there any taxes and/or fees that come along with the membership?
You will be charged a tax that will be taken out of your next paycheck following enrollment. In addition, if you have a single ride for longer than 45 minutes or lose a bike, Citi Bike will charge the credit card you provided during signup.
How long can I ride a Citi Bike?
The first 45 minutes of each ride are included in the Citi Bike membership. If you exceed 45 minutes in a single ride your credit card on file will be charged $2.50 per additional 15 minutes.
How do I sign up for my membership?
You must wait for your current membership to expire before enrolling in the Justworks program. When you’re ready to sign up, getting your discount is easy by following the steps below.
New Enrollment Steps:
- Sign up for or log into your Citi Bike account at http://citibikenyc.com.
- Select Join Citi Bike under Membership plans.
- Enter or choose a payment method.
- Select Student or Corporate Discount.
- Enter the Membership Code found in your Justworks account into the pop-up and click Submit.
- Enter your work email address and click Verify.
- An email will be sent to your corporate email address to confirm your account. Click Verify.
- You will be brought back to the Citi Bike website. Click View Access Plans then click Get Started under Student or corporate discounts.
- Re-enter the membership code and click Submit.
- Once verified, you will see the discounted membership price.
- Finish checking out.
What if my company does not have a unique domain for my email address?
If an eligible employee’s company does not offer a unique domain for email address (ie. employees use their @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, etc address for work purposes), have your admin contact Justworks CS for further assistance.
How can I look up Citi Bike locations' availability?
Visit the Citi Bike website and click on the link: Find a Bike to search by station, street name, or address.
Questions about your account? Get in touch with the CitiBike customer service team here.
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.