Pennsylvania is what's referred to as a client-reporting state for unemployment insurance. Justworks needs this information to report unemployment taxes under customers' unemployment account numbers.
Here’s what we need:
- Your Pennsylvania Unemployment Account number.
- Your current Unemployment Tax Rate for Pennsylvania.
- Third Party Administrator (TPA) access after your previous provider has filed for the quarter.
Unsure of where to find the above? Please see the sections below with instructions for each requirement.
Obtaining a PA Unemployment Account Number
Please follow the steps outlined below to obtain a Pennsylvania Unemployment Account Number:
- Head to the Pennsylvania Online Business Entity Registration (PA-100) and apply for the PA-100.
- After you've completed this application, you'll receive an unemployment account number within a few weeks, which you’ll need to send to Justworks.
- If the PA-100 registration assigns you a withholding account number, please close that account as Justworks will be filing your withholding under Justworks’ EIN.
Granting Third Party Administrator (TPA) access
Please note that your company is not creating a separate TPA account, but rather logging into your company's existing UI account. Haven't created an online UI account? Don't worry! Simply:
- Select 'New User?' on the right side and complete the following prompts to enter in your company's information.
- Complete the following prompts with your company’s Entity name and FEIN.
- For 'Type of Account', please select 'employer' and input your UC account number.
- Then, 'Accept terms and conditions'. Next, you will create a password and select security questions.
To grant Justworks Third Party Administrator (TPA) access to your Pennsylvania Unemployment Account, please follow the steps below:
- Head to Unemployment Compensation Management System.
- Select "Employer Profile" from the left navigation bar.
- Select "Manage Representatives" and click "Add New Representative" link.
- Enter Justworks' TPA account number (6357993802) and the date.
- Grant Justworks access to all presented options when prompted, except for Group Accounts. Please note that these can only be added one at a time. The portal will prompt you to add one, submit, and then return back to the 'Add New Representative' section to add the next access.
- Click "Submit".
Closing your withholding account:
To close your Pennsylvania withholding Account:
- Download and complete a REV-1706 Business/Account Cancellation Form.
- Fill out Section I and Section III only.
- In the field labeled:
- "Reporting and Paying Under Another Account ID Number,“ please enter our ID number: 95430498.
- "Reason for Final Cancellation," select "Other" and enter "Reporting and Paying Under Another Account ID Number."
- "Final Cancellation Date," please add the date in which your company joined Justworks. Please note this cannot be in the past, so if you are already live with Justworks, you may enter the current date.
- Complete Section VI, Affirmation. Then, fax or email the form to:
- Fax: 717-787-3708
- Email: RA-BTFTREGiSFAX@PA.GOV
Additional Filing Requirements
Please work with your current payroll provider to file the REV-1667 Annual Withholding Reconciliation Statement.
If you’re having trouble completing the online account setup process, please contact the state’s customer service line for assistance.
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.