Colorado is what's referred to as a PEO-reporting state for unemployment insurance. Justworks will report unemployment taxes under the Justworks unemployment account number. Customers will be subject to the Justworks state unemployment rate. Please suspend or close your previous unemployment account.
Closing CO Unemployment and Withholding Accounts
Please follow the steps outlined below to close your CO Unemployment account:
- Complete the Employer Change Request Form (UITL-2), following the instructions below:
- Complete Part I with your business information, including your unemployment account number.
- Complete Part II as indicated below:
- B. Date employer in Part I last paid wages: (last pay date prior to Justworks)
- Check F to indicate you lease your employees
Please follow the steps outlined below to close your CO Withholding account:
- Log in to Revenue Online.
- Click into the Wage Withholding account.
- In the “I Want To” section in the top right, click Close Account.
- Closure date: (date company last paid CO wages prior to joining Justworks)
- Closure reason: “Out of Business”
- If you don’t have an online account, you complete the Account Change or Business Closure Form (DR 1102).
- Complete Colorado Account Number section and FEIN
- Check the Withholding Tax box and enter date of last payroll (before joining Justworks)
- Sign at the bottom and mail it to the address listed on form
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.