Arizona is what's referred to as a PEO-reporting state for unemployment insurance. Justworks will report unemployment taxes under the Justworks unemployment account number. Customers will be subject to the Justworks state unemployment rate. Please suspend or close your previous unemployment account.
Closing AZ Unemployment and Withholding Accounts:
Please follow the steps outlined below to close your AZ Unemployment account by filling out the Report of Changes Form (UC-514).
- Complete your Arizona Account Number and Federal ID Number.
- Complete Section A with your company name and address.
- Complete Section C by selecting “No ownership change occurred, but leasing employees”. Enter your Justworks start date.
- Sign and date in Section D.
- Send back to Justworks and we’ll input the Justworks information in Section C, Item 1.
Please follow the steps outlined below to close your AZ Withholding account:
- Complete a Business Account Update form.
- Section A: fill in identifying information and #1-2 and enter your withholding account number in the License Number field.
- Cancel effective date: (If the Justworks effective date is the first day of a quarter, use the day before. e.g., if you have a Justworks effective date of 01/01/17, enter a cancel effective date of 12/31/16. Otherwise, use the quarter-end date following the effective date. e.g., if you have a Justworks effective date of 05/01/16, enter a cancel effective date of 06/30/16 end date.)
- License Type: Withholding/Unemployment Tax Registration
Arizona Department of Revenue
PO Box 29032
Phoenix, AZ 85038-9032
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.