New Hampshire is what's referred to as a PEO-reporting state for unemployment insurance. Justworks will report unemployment taxes under the Justworks unemployment account number. Customers will be subject to the Justworks state unemployment rate. Please suspend or close your previous unemployment account.
Closing NH Unemployment Account:
Please follow the steps outlined below to close your NH Unemployment account:
- Complete the Employer Change Notice, following the instructions below:
- Complete the top section with your business information, including your unemployment account number.
- Complete the section “Request termination of account because:”
- Select “Ceased NH employment on” and input the day before your Justworks start date.
- Submit to the state by email (NHES_Employer.Assist@nhes.nh.gov), fax, or mail, as shown on the form. Please also send a copy to Justworks.
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.