North Carolina is what's referred to as a PEO-reporting state for unemployment insurance. Justworks will report unemployment taxes under the Justworks unemployment account number. Customers will be subject to the Justworks state unemployment rate. Please suspend or close your previous unemployment account.
Closing NC Unemployment and Withholding Accounts:
Please follow the steps outlined below to close your NC Unemployment account:
- Complete the Change in Status Report (NCUI-101-A) following the instructions below:
- Complete the top section at the top of page 1 with your business information, including your unemployment account number.
- For “Nature of Change” select box E, Operating without employees.
- Last date of employment: (enter the day before your effective date with Justworks)
Please follow the steps outlined below to close your NC Withholding account:
- Complete the Out-of-Business Notification (NC-BN), following the instructions below:
- Complete the Account Information section with your company’s information.
- Question 1: If permanently closed, enter the date closed: (enter the day before your Justworks effective date)
- Question 3: Fill in each circle for accounts that are seasonal or closed: (select Withholding)
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.