Hawaii is what's referred to as a PEO-reporting state for unemployment insurance. Justworks will report unemployment taxes under the Justworks unemployment account number. Customers will be subject to the Justworks state unemployment rate. Please suspend or close your previous unemployment account.
Closing HI Unemployment and Withholding Accounts:
Please follow the steps outlined below to close your HI Unemployment account:
- Complete the UC-25 form online following the instructions below:
- Login to your Unemployment Insurance account here.
- Complete the top of the form with your business information, including your unemployment account number.
- Complete Part 1 with:
- Effective Date of Termination (Month/Day/Year): (Day before your start date with Justworks)
- Check the box for “Business in Hawaii continued in operation without employment after date in item 1”
- Enter the Justworks information
- Justworks Employment Group LLC, 130 7th Ave. #249, New York, NY 10011
Please follow the steps outlined below to close your HI Withholding account:
- Complete the GEW-TA-RV-1 form following the instructions below:
- Complete the top of the form with your business information.
- Complete the first three columns with your Withholding account information.
- Effective Date: (Day before your start date with Justworks).
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.