What is Kindbody?
Kindbody is a network of gynecology and fertility clinics focused on improving the healthcare experience for people with fertility, contraception or pregnancy care needs. With several locations in major cities (New York City, Princeton, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Atlanta) and growing, Kindbody provides gynecological and fertility services in modern, tech-enabled clinics. Their team of experienced and empathetic experts provide full-service care that aims to help patients easily and affordably navigate their personal gynecological health and potential fertility focused needs.
The first phase of this benefit beta ended on August 31, 2020. The second phase of this beta will run from May 3, 2021 to October 31, 2021. Only employers offering Aetna health insurance through Justworks with HQs in the following MSAs are considered eligible for participation:
- New York City-Newark-Jersey City (New York, New Jersey)
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim (California)
- Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington (Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware)
- Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Alpharetta (Georgia)
- San Francisco-Oakland-Berkely (California)
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario (California)
In addition, only employees enrolled in Aetna health insurance through Justworks, as well as any dependents enrolled in the same health insurance who are over the age of 18, and reside in the above MSAs are considered eligible for participation.
Kindbody offers high-quality health services with your employees in mind.
With Kindbody, your employees and their dependents over the age of 18, that have enrolled in Aetna health insurance through Justworks get access to experts and services designed to help people of any age confidently navigate their reproductive health and fertility needs and milestones. Through Kindbody and Justworks, your employees will have access to:
- Preventative Care: Kindbody offers standard OBGYN care, as well as lab testing.
- Family Planning: Kindbody offers a full suite of services across all stages from preconception to postpartum, as well as support for alternative family planning, like adoption. Employees can go to Kindbody for fertility testing (for people of all genders), IUI, IVF, sperm banking, egg freezing, embryo banking, annual storage, and genetic testing. Assistance with adoption is also offered through Kindbody.
- Ancillary services: Kindbody provides additional services to support their health journey. Nutrition coaching, mental health counselling, and back to work coaching are also offered through Kindbody.
- Dedicated care navigator: Once registered, employees will have access to a dedicated partner who can help guide them through their care journey. Care navigators can help employees understand what’s covered under their insurance plan, as well as coordinate their appointments and treatment schedules. On their own, employees can book appointments, chat with their care team, access their medical records and schedule video calls with their doctors, all online.
How does it work?
Kindbody works with your Aetna insurance, like a typical doctor’s office would.* However, through Kindbody’s membership-based model ($120 per year), employees get access to a lot more than they would at a regular doctor, including:
- same-day visits for urgent-care issues
- on-demand chat with your care team
- discounted wellness services (mental health, nutrition)
- discounted supplements
- members-only events
Through the Justworks x Kindbody beta, eligible employees will have access to:
- A free annual Kindbody membership (we’re waiving the typical $120 annual fee)
- An additional 10% off Kindbody’s non-preventative services
*Kindbody’s care navigators can work with you to understand what and how certain services are covered by your specific Aetna plan.
What kind of services do they offer?
Kindbody’s suite of gynecology and fertility care services fall into four main categories:
- Preventative Care: People can visit Kindbody for their standard OB/GYN care, as well as for any lab testing. Kindbody also offers comprehensive nutrition/wellness coaching, and virtual therapy.
- Preservation: People who are interested in potentially deferring conception can go to Kindbody for fertility testing, egg freezing, embryo banking, annual storage, and genetic testing.
- Conception: Kindbody offers a broad range of services for members interested in starting a family, including fertility testing for people of all genders IUI, IVF, and sperm banking.
- Ancillary services: Unlike standard OB care, Kindbody provides ancillary services to support a healthy pregnancy and post pregnancy, including nutrition coaching, mental health counseling, adoption services, and back to work coaching.
Once registered, employees will have access to a dedicated partner who can help guide them through their care journey. Care navigators can help employees understand what’s covered under their insurance plan, as well as coordinate their appointments and treatment schedules. On their own, employees can book appointments, chat with their care team, access their medical records and schedule video calls with their doctors, all online.
Where is Kindbody located?
- New York - Bryant Park, Flatiron
- California - San Francisco, Santa Monica, Century City, Los Altos
- New Jersey - Princeton
- Georgia - Atlanta
How much does it cost?
We’ve worked with Kindbody to waive the $120 annual membership fee generally required per employee. Employers are not required to contribute anything toward Kindbody, and employees only need to pay for the services they utilize, which are severely discounted and often covered by Health Insurance.
Costs of services.
For more details on costs of particular service offerings employees can contact Kindbody directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does an employee pay for services?
Any out of pocket expenses will be paid by the employee directly to Kindbody at the time of receiving the service. Kindbody is in network with Aetna, and their non-preventative care services are offered at a 20-30% discount relative to market rates. In addition, they are offering Justworks members an additional 10% off of their non-preventative care services.
Note: Employers that contribute to any amount of an eligible employee’s care will receive 20% off of the services listed (vs. the 10% off given to any employee paying solely out of pocket). To do so, Employers can contract Kindbody directly at Solutions@kindbody.com.
How do I know if a service is covered by insurance, and what the cost is?
Kindbody is in network with Aetna for standard OB-GYN health and preventative care services (for example, pap tests, gestational diabetes screening, mammograms, etc.). Thus the related deductible and co-pay rules apply. Some exceptions may apply.
Moreover, your Kindbody Care Navigator can look at your specific Aetna plan and tell you if a service is covered, and the all in cost you can expect to pay.
Can I pay using FSA/HSA dollars?
How do I sign up?
How do I sign my company up?
Employers who meet the eligibility criteria are automatically included in the beta. If you'd prefer to opt out of the beta feel free to reach out to our support team.
How do employees sign up?
Eligible employees can sign up through the announcement email which will instruct them on next steps. If you have not received the email, think you’re eligible and would like to opt in please reach out to our support team for help signing up.
Betas @ Justworks
What’s a beta?
We’re constantly working to build new features and work with new benefit providers that can help make our customers’ lives easier. As part of that process, we frequently run betas** (or tests) with a small group of customers as a way to gather customer feedback and determine whether a new provider is the right fit before rolling it out to everyone on Justworks.
But we’ll need your help.. To make sure this beta is working, we’ll be reaching out over the next few months for feedback to better understand how Kindbody is working for you and your team.
**There’s no employer cost associated with participating in a beta and customers are welcome to opt-out at any time.
What happens at the end of the beta?
At the end of the beta period, we’ll spend some time assessing whether Kindbody is the right fit for our customers and let you know if and how we plan to extend access to Kindbody moving forward. Rest assured, all employees enrolled in the Kindbody annual membership during the beta will continue to have their membership fee waived for the full 12-month period.
Who should employees contact with questions?
For questions about Kindbody, their services, appointments, and cost, employees should contact Kindbody directly at email@example.com.