Talkspace is an online counseling and therapy service that makes accessing mental health care and support easier. You can connect with your therapist through unlimited asynchronous text, voice, and video messages, all done via an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant app.
Talkspace links members with local licensed professionals anytime and anywhere.
Through Justworks and Talkspace your employees will have access to:
- Therapy on their schedule: Employees can write a dedicated therapist at any time and get the help they need. Employees can reach a therapist 5 days a week and will hear back daily.
- Always flexible and confidential: Therapists are reachable through unlimited text, voice, and video messages, all done via an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant app.
- Easy Matching: Employees get matched with a therapist by filling out the Talkspace QuickMatch questionnaire and find a therapist that best fits their needs.
- High-quality and certified providers: Talkspace has thousands of licensed therapists, fluent in over 30 languages.
What does the plan include?
Justworks is offering twelve months of Talkspace services free to any employee enrolled in a medical plan through Justworks. Our Talkspace offering runs from November 1st, through October 31st, just like employee health insurance plans.
Justworks' partnership with Talkspace offers online, unlimited asynchronous mental health messaging therapy (text, video, audio) offered as an equivalent alternative to traditional face-to-face therapy with a dedicated therapist.
Members are matched with their therapists through a proprietary algorithm that accounts for the member’s needs and the therapist’s areas of expertise. The membership also includes a live “Intro Video Session” (up to 10 min) to help members get to know their therapist. Talkspace therapists work five days, which may include weekends. As part of the sign-up flow, you will be able to see which days therapists work.
Who is eligible?
- Talkspace is offering services to any employee enrolled in a health plan through Justworks during the typical health insurance plan year.
- Customers on small group health insurance through our medical carve-out program and are Benefits-eligible, will have access to sign up for Talkspace in their in-app Benefit Center.
Can I pause my membership?
Yes, members are able to pause their room in therapy should they want to take a break and return to it another time. The 12-month plan is ongoing as long as Talkspace is still being offered by the worksite employer and the members remain eligible. Note: the monthly video credits can not be accrued and are based on a “use it or lose it” policy.
FAQ for Employees
When can I start using Talkspace and for how long?
If you are enrolled in a medical plan through Justworks, then you can start using Talkspace from November 1st, through October 31st. Talkspace is included alongside all medical plans for free. You will be enrolled in a 12-month plan to use at any point during that period.
Customers on small group health insurance through our medical carve-out program can also start using Talkspace from November 1st, through October 31st.
- How do I sign up for Talkspace?
Once your medical plan selection becomes active, the option will appear in-app in your Benefits Center. Click on the GET STARTED link to sign-up and unlock the Justworks code for twelve free months of Talkspace or through the end of the plan year, whichever is sooner.
Employees do not have to enter any credit card information when they sign-up, so they do not have to worry about canceling Talkspace after twelve months.
Can I expand my Talkspace subscription to take advantage of the 12 months free?Yes. If you already use Talkspace, you can contact them directly at email@example.com in order to add the Justworks partnership code to your membership.
- How does Talkspace work?
- After signing up, you will take the Talkspace QuickMatch questionnaire to explain what you’re looking for. Talkspace’s algorithm suggests three potential therapists based on your preferences. You can look at each therapist’s bio and work schedule, and select your ideal match.
- After matching, you can start therapy that very same day.
- You can schedule the 10-minute intro video call to kick off your conversation. If at any point you feel like your therapist isn't a good fit, you can make a change through your account page or contact Talkspace’s Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can send unlimited text, voice, and video messages. Therapists work five days a week and will write back daily.
- You will receive one video session credit per month of your plan.
- What if I would like to request a therapist who speaks a certain language?
No problem! Talkspace has thousands of licensed therapists, fluent in over 30 languages. You can reach out to Talkspace directly to request a therapist who speaks a certain language at email@example.com.
- I have more questions about the Talkspace service. Who should I reach out to?
You can reach out to Talkspace directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.