Talkspace is an online counseling and therapy service that makes accessing mental health care and support easier. You can connect with your therapist through unlimited asynchronous text, voice, and video messages, all done via an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant app.
Talkspace links members with local licensed professionals anytime and anywhere.
Through Justworks and Talkspace your employees will have access to:
- Therapy on their schedule: Employees can write a dedicated therapist at any time and get the help they need. Employees can reach a therapist 5 days a week and will hear back daily.
- Always flexible and confidential: Therapists are reachable through unlimited text, voice, and video messages, all done via an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant app.
- Easy Matching: Employees get matched with a therapist by filling out the Talkspace QuickMatch questionnaire and find a therapist that best fits your needs.
- High-quality and certified providers: Talkspace has thousands of licensed therapists, fluent in over 30 languages.
What does the plan include?
Justworks is offering three months of Talkspace for free to any employee enrolled in a medical plan through Justworks. The Talkspace offering runs from November 1st, 2020 through October 31st, 2021, just like employee health insurance plans.
Justworks' partnership with Talkspace offers online, unlimited asynchronous mental health messaging therapy (text, video, audio) offered as an equivalent alternative to traditional face to face therapy with a dedicated therapist.
Members are matched with their therapists through a proprietary algorithm that accounts for the member’s needs and the therapist’s areas of expertise. The membership also includes a live “Intro Video Session” (up to 10 min) to help members get to know their therapist. Talkspace therapists work five days, which may include weekends. As part of the sign-up flow, you will be able to see which days therapists work.
The 3 month membership can be used and stopped at any point during the ‘20-’21 plan year. If a member uses the Talkspace service for a month and then stops service, the membership will pause and can be picked back up at any point during the year for the remaining months of membership.
Why 3 months free?
Talkspace's research shows that most users experience clinically measurable outcomes after just 2 months of use. Justworks wants to start by offering a 3 month subscription to Talkspace to give our members time to experience the service and evaluate whether they feel it’s a helpful service for them. If you’d like to continue after 3 months, you can either work with your therapist to roll onto a personal plan, or reach out to Justworks-Support@talkspace.com to learn more about personal Talkspace subscription plans, discounts and financial aid. You can find the rates for a personal plan here.
FAQ for Employees
- Who is eligible for the Justworks x Talkspace Partnership?
Justworks is offering this partnership to any employee enrolled in a health plan through Justworks during the 2020-2021 health insurance plan year.
- When can I start using Talkspace and for how long?
If you are enrolled in a medical plan through Justworks, then you can start using Talkspace from November 1, 2020 through October 31, 2021. Talkspace is included alongside all medical plans for free. You will have three months to use at any point during that period.
- How do I sign up for Talkspace?
Eligible members can start using Talkspace on November 1, 2020. You’ll be able to learn about and sign up for Talkspace in your Benefits center in Justworks, where you’ll see a Talkspace link and your special Justworks’ code to unlock the Talkspace offering.
- How does Talkspace work?
- After signing up, you will take the Talkspace QuickMatch questionnaire to explain what you’re looking for. Talkspace’s algorithm suggests three potential therapists based on your preferences. You can look at each therapist’s bio and work schedule, and select your ideal match.
- After matching, you can start therapy that very same day.
- You can schedule the 10-minute intro video call to kick off your conversation. If at any point you feel like your therapist isn't a good fit, you can make a change through your account page or contact Talkspace’s Support team at email@example.com.
- You can send unlimited text, voice, and video messages. Therapists work five days a week and will write back daily.
- What if I would like to request a therapist who speaks a certain language?
No problem! Talkspace has thousands of licensed therapists, fluent in over 30 languages. You can reach out to Talkspace directly to request a therapist who speaks a certain language at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I have more questions about the Talkspace service. Who should I reach out to?
You can reach out to Talkspace directly at email@example.com.