Alabama is what's referred to as a PEO-reporting state for unemployment insurance. Justworks will report unemployment taxes under the Justworks unemployment account number. Customers will be subject to the Justworks state unemployment rate. Please suspend or close your previous unemployment account if your company is coming from a payroll provider.
Closing Alabama Unemployment and Withholding Accounts:
Please follow the steps outlined below to close your Alabama Unemployment account.
- Fill out the Report of Employer Account Changes by:
- Filling out your company information.
- Enter an effective date as the day before your Justworks start date.
- Select Leasing employees.
- Enter the following Justworks information: Justworks Employment Group LLC, P.O. Box 7119 Church Street Station, New York, NY 10008-7119
Please follow the steps outlined below to close your Alabama Withholding account:
- Ask your current payroll provider to mark your quarterly Form A-1 (Return of Income Tax Withheld) as a final return in Line 1: “If You Are No Longer Withholding Alabama Income Tax And Wish For Your Account To Be Cancelled, Place An ‘X’ Here.”
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.