Indiana is what's referred to as a PEO-reporting state for unemployment insurance. Justworks will report unemployment taxes under the Justworks unemployment account number. Customers will be subject to the Justworks state unemployment rate. Please suspend or close your previous unemployment account if your company is coming from a payroll provider.
Closing Indiana Unemployment and Withholding Accounts:
For your Indiana Unemployment account, no action is needed as Justworks will close your unemployment account.
To close your Indiana Withholding Account, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Please fill out the BC-100 form by:
- Filling out your company information.
- Checking the Withholding box and indicating the day before your Justworks start date.
- Sign and date.
- Send to the address listed on the form.
- As supplemental documentation, include a notarized statement indicating that:
- [Company] became a PEO client of Justworks Employment Group (FEIN: 46-2283648 on [Justworks start date]. Therefore, [Company]’s withholding tax information is being reported under Justworks’s withholding tax account effective [Justworks start date], ongoing.
- Fax or mail the form and the notarized statement to the address on the form.
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.